The first event entitled ‘Lies and the Lying Liars who tell them: An evening of storytelling and food deception,’ will offer dazzling performances by actors and three disturbingly brilliant, darkly comic tales by award winning London writer, Alan McCormick. The courses will showcase elements of molecular gastronomy, flavour dishonesty and dishes which include a honey lavender duck told (prepared) two ways and a caged sweet treacle tart.
* Amuse: Honey Truffle Pistachio Capresse
* Wine: Domaine de la Paleine Crémant de Loire
* 1st: Wild Mushroom Risotto Cep Aspuma and Beetroot Jelly
* Wine: Mauro Molino Langhe Nebbiolo 2008
* 2nd: Honey Lavender Duck Served Two Ways
* Wine: San Giusto a Rentennano Chianti Classico DOCG 2007
* Dessert: Treacle Tart with a Beurre Noissette Foam
* Burgeaumont Madeleines and Mint Tea
* The wines are chosen to enhance each course by expert suppliers. We are working with two suppliers: Ten Green Bottles, which offer little-known Italian wines of great quality, flair and regional expression, and Red, White or Pink
Number 68 Project brings you a limited series of six evenings of conceptual food, fine wine, art, performance and spoken word set in an intriguing pop-up venue with a rich history.
Launched on 28 March, 2010, Number 68 Project came about when Dalston Dining Club and Urban Sage decided to combine the best that each club had to offer.
Each event is specially designed as a themed combination of food, wines and performance.
We aim to create an unusual, exciting and memorable evening, which will include:
A 4 to 7 course menu of conceptual food designed around ritual, performance and storytelling by a Cordon Bleu Chef and other visiting Chefs
Wines will be chosen to enhance each course by expert suppliers. We are working with two suppliers: Ten Green Bottles, which offer little-known Italian wines of great quality, flair and regional expression, and Red, White or Pink
Performances by singers, storytellers, artists, writers and passionate thinkers of all sorts.
Add a Comment