Chocolate Velvet Cake
200g good quality dark chocolate
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 1/2 cups hazelnuts
1. Melt chocolate and butter. Cool slightly.
2. Beat egg yolks and sugar to frothy. Add to cooled chocolate mix and beat to combine.
3. Toast hazelnuts then crush when cool.
4. Add hazelnuts to choc egg mix. Beat to combine.
5. Beat eggwhites to soft peak stage then fold into chocolate mixture.
6. Pour mixture into lined tin. Bake for 1 hour at 170°C.
7. Stand in pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto wire rack.
Add a Comment