Find a Supper Club

Find out where and when is your local underground restaurant/pop up/supper club

I had this last year, it cost about 90 pounds. This means that if one of your guests drops dead from poisoning, falls over drunk and splits open their head on your marble table, you have insurance to cover it.
You can also get equipment insurance, legal cover and's the sticky bit: cover for your staff.
Your 'staff' whether volunteers or paid employees need cover if they drop a hot bowl of soup on a guest, if they injure themselves.
This becomes quite expensive. I just got a quote for basic public liability which covers me, for £79, add on equipment value £10k then it increases to almost £300, add on legal insurance, another £30.
However once you add 'staff' things become very expensive ...£600p.a. or more depending on how many you have.
I haven't bought this staff add on yet. But let's face it, it's probably a neccessity.

If you are truly underground then I guess you don't have to bother. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I am now so 'overground' that I probably do.

Any comments?
Any suggestions?

Views: 24

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Find a Supper Club to add comments!

Join Find a Supper Club

Comment by msmarmitelover on June 4, 2010 at 21:48
Bakelady: no it doesn't.
Clandestinos: I have a food hygiene certificate and my kitchen has been inspected by health and safety.
Pimlico: yikes...
Comment by PimlicoPal on June 4, 2010 at 21:40
You need to be careful about discussing this. You could attract the 'professional' claimer.
Comment by Clandestinos Secret Supper Club✓ on June 4, 2010 at 20:03
This is a very good point and one to take on board. Another question is health and safety?

© 2022   Created by msmarmitelover.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service