The Secret Garden Club loves cooking with leeks, we even made our own day of it: All about Alliums, of which the leek is one of the stars. I use leeks in stir fries, soups and in 'poireaux vinaigrette'
How to prepare leeks:
- Wash them by slitting the outside thicker leaves down the length of the leek, then, holding them open side down, rinse in running water. You will find dirt between the outer leaves but not the inner ones.
- Use the white and the green
- They are best cut on an angle to ensure quicker cooking.
- Share your favourite leek recipe on your own blog;
- Mention this competition in the post;
- Email the URL of your entry to email@example.com before April 8th, 2011.